February 26, 2008

Blinded by Clinton

There are some conservatives out there that are so blinded by their dislike of the Clintons that they are defending Barack Obama against Hillary Clinton's campaign tactics. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly no fan of Hillary Clinton. What I don't get is why these so-called conservatives don't stay out of it. Let the democrats beat each other up. Who cares?

Stop helping Barack Obama! For crying out loud, he has the media! Does he need conservatives to defend him, too? They say he's a great guy. They don't agree with him, but he's running a clean campaign.

What I'd like to know is this: How clean is a campaign that's full of complete lies? Do they actually believe that Barack Obama is going to eradicate poverty, solve the housing crisis, and bring forth peace on earth and goodwill to man? Do they think that the most liberal member of the US Senate will bring about a new wave of bi-partisanship in Washington DC? Where has Obama shown any compromise?

Selling snake oil to the masses is the most shameful form of campaigning I can think of.

I don't want Obama or Clinton to be our next president. But I would be much more comfortable with the devil we all know than one we don't.

No comments: