May 14, 2008

Gee, Who Knew Cutting Taxes Helps the Economy?

The show Ugly Betty is moving production to New York City, taking advantage of new tax incentives from both the state and city. Governor David Paterson and Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced the news on Monday.

I must give credit where credit is due, and in this instance the Governor and Mayor deserve credit. When taxes are cut you attract businesses, which create jobs and increase revenue. I only hope Governor Paterson pushes for tax (and spending) cuts state-wide.

I keep waiting for Senators Clinton and Schumer to stand up and de-cry these tax cuts for wealthy production companies. Aren't they taking food off my middle class table? Why do they only criticise tax cutting Republicans? Hmmm....could they know deep down in their hearts that tax cuts are good for the economy? I know, keep dreaming.

No comments: