March 13, 2008

A Star is Born

What a sad day in America. We're seeing the face of Kristin, or Ashley Dupre, or whatever her name is, all over the media. I won't be including her photo here, because if you want to see it you can easily find it.

Ashley is a young woman who ran away from home at the age of 17. She moved to New York City with dreams of a successful music career. Money was tight. She didn't get a job as a clerk, bartender or waitress. No, she became a high priced call girl. Last month when she sold her body to Governor Eliot Spitzer for a few hours she hit the jackpot. There are reports that in the past day her song that previously could be downloaded from her web site for a few cents has been downloaded nearly one million times for neary $1 per download.

There are reports that she may get a record deal and the tabloids are offering her large sums of money for interviews. I'm sure it won't be long before she has a book deal. She's an overnight success. The woman who rocked New York! The Governor's Hooker!

What kind of message are we sending our children?

Update: According to reports that I heard over the weekend this was a girl who grew up in a million dollar home. She crashed her expensive car and when her parents refused to pay to replace it she ran away from home. She did work as a waitress but I guess prostitution was more lucrative and allowed her to live the lifestyle to which she was accustomed.

8 comments:

patti said...

She may simply be, just a flash in the pan.If there is a lack of talent, she will fade away.
Remember Gary [follow me] Hart? You may be too young but your parents will remember.His girlfriend was all over the news for awhile,then people forgot about her.I will say however, she went on to do many good things with her life[or so I have heard]so I guess there is always hope for Ashley.

The Lonely Conservative said...

I remember Gary Hart, but forget the name of his girlfriend.

patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patti said...

sorry. thats Donna Rice

The Lonely Conservative said...

Oh yeah! Was she a prostitute or just a girlfriend?

Anonymous said...

I don't think she was a prostitute. She was trying to be an actress. She met him at a party. He told her he was married on their first date. He told her he had to stay married because he was running for President.

patti said...

why did I come out as anonymous?

The Lonely Conservative said...

I don't know why that came out as anonymous. I told it to take out that thing where you have to copy the letters, hoping that would help. I heard people were having problems leaving comments.

Why are these people so dumb?