May 8, 2008

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

The good news of the day is Hillary Clinton vowing the stay in the race until the bitter end. This morning I was listening to Mike Church who pointed out that once Barry Obama is the official nominee, Hillbilly will do everything in their power to sabotage his campaign. She will want to run in 2012 and she won't stand a chance with a Democrat in the White House.

Now for the bad news. Congress has reached a tentative agreement on their $300 billion farm bill. Get this, they are "thinking of eliminating some government payments to those who make more than $750,000 in farm income." No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you, you read that right. Excuse me, but why do people making that kind of money receive "government payments"? Can someone please explain that to me? I pay taxes, I do not make anywhere near that kind of money, but my money is being sent to people making $750,000 a year? Hopefully President Bush will veto this bill.

And now for the ugly. Actor Alec Baldwin told 60 Minutes that he would consider running for public office and bedbugs are invading NYC subways. I'm not sure which is more icky.

No comments: