July 9, 2008

Unhinged

First if was grandma, then it was the reverend, then the church, the priest and now the entire far left wing of the Democratic party have been thrown under Obama's bus. His latest victims are not happy with their golden boy.

From the Huffington Post:
Today is going to go down as a dark day in our nation's history, as the Senate completes its total capitulation to the Bush administration and its corporate masters, through passing legislation that dramatically expands the
government's surveillance powers
and immunizes the companies responsible for illegally spying on us from any form of legal redress for the victims.

And some of HuffPo's reader comments:
You owe me a kiss Obama. I usually get one when I have been screwed.

When I first learned of Obama's win in Iowa, I thought wow, at long last the Democratic party is going to move the country away from the evil of conservative control. Then I started listening to Obama and looking at his advisors and policies. I soon discovered how wrong I was.This act of treason only reinforces my conclusion.

Glenn Greenwood over at Salon.com is hopping mad.
As Turley says, and as I've written many times over the last two weeks, what is most appalling here beyond the bill itself are the pure falsehoods being spewed to the public about what Congress is doing -- and those falsehoods are largely being spewed not by Republicans. Republicans are gleefully admitting, even boasting, that this bill gives them everything Bush and Cheney wanted and more, and includes only minor changes from the Rockefeller/Cheney Senate bill passed last February (which Obama, seeking the Democratic Party nomination, made a point of opposing.

Some of Greenwood's readers also commented:
We've been had. We've been had. We've been had. Yes we can.

I will not vote for someone who cannot bring himself to stand up for the rule of law and the US Constitution. I won't vote for McCain, and now I won't vote for Obama.

End. Of. My. Rope.

Obama's arrogance is reaching megalomaniac proportions. He obviously feels he can change position at will on a host of issues, without serious consequences because, he seems to think, Democrats who didn't support him initially will willingly support him now because they have nowhere else to go.

Earlier this evening I was listening to John Gibson on Sirius and he played some clips of former Obama supporters really freaking out, cursing and crying. It's kind of amusing, the left is totally freaking out over Obama finally doing the right thing. He said he was going to become bi-partisan, do they really believe he can win in November by being a far left loon? Frankly, I wish he had kept the far left happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IF HIS VOTE HAD MATTERED, HE WOULD VOTED AGAINST IT. HIS COMMIE FRIENDS HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. HE WILL PRETEND TO BE AMERICAN 'TIL HE GETS ELECTED,THEN WATCH OUT!